Friday, August 01, 2008

Fashion Design: "The Sneaker Freaks"

There is a fascinating underground world, at least it is to this baby boomer less than hip person, the sneaker design/entrepreneurial culture.

I recently saw a news piece on the demand and design of one of a kind limited edition sneakers, shops that sale them and customers that fuel this booming business. So forgive me for being late to the party and less than fashionably dressed.

I can say that I had noticed the number of colorful and coordinated outfits on city streets, but that was as far as I thought about it. But, it appears to be one more example of the hip-hop generation's aesthetic being expressed and its power to finance new businesses who cater to this market.


Jeff Staple Interview

Staple Design

Jeff Staple's Blog Site

New Nikes by ?uestlove

No comments: