Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Getting on Track: Design at GM

I recall working at GM's technical campus as a co-op student in high school. I worked along side experienced metal model makers in creating parts for GM's experimental vehicles. It was a good work experience and it had a direct impact on my desire to go on to college.

It is also note worthy to mention that the vice-president of global design, Ed Welburn, is one of two African-Americans in a senior level design position for a major corporation that I am aware of.

Mercury News Article

If GM doesn't make the right choices Toyota will soon replace it as the number one auto maker in the world. I am sad to say this but I would put my money on Toyota. So mnay American companies have lost their way, focus on providing quality products to their customers, and as a result customers have walk away.

Toyota's Rise

No comments: